FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid: Statistical battle in the clásico
Barça and Real Madrid are way ahead of the rest of the Spanish League in almost all individual and team stats. In many ways, their records are very similar, but there are also some striking differences.
Barcelona (FCB).- This Saturday \u2018clásico\u2019, one of the greatest possible football matches in the world, comes with an extra dose of intensity, as the winner of Spanish League title mainly depends on this game. Furthermore, Barça and Real Madrid are way ahead of the rest of the Spanish League in almost all individual and team stats. In many ways, their records are very similar, but there are also some striking differences
- Two top scorers: Real Madrid are one goal away from beating the all-time first division goalscoring record (107) while Barça aren\u2019t far off a century of their own (96).
- Best defences: They have by far the two best defensive records. In 33 games, Barça have only leaked 24 goals, and Madrid just 29.
- Most shots: Barça have had 256 shots on goals and Madrid have had 270.
- Least chances against: There have only been 88 shots against Barça all season, while Real Madrid have been on the receiving end of 114.
- Madrid lead assists: The league leaders have made 76 goal assists, 20 more than the defending champions.
- Balanced in offside: The \u2018Blaugrana\u2019 have been caught offside 111 times, almost the same number as the \u2018meringues\u2019, 114.
- FCB dominate passes: Barça have made 21,984 passes (666 per match), much more than Madrid\u2019s total of 16,514 (500 per match).
- Barça the dribbling kings: This weekend\u2019s home side have made 404 dribbles this season, while the visitors have made 294.
- Madrid commit more fouls: Madrid have committed 448 fouls and received 502, while Barça have committed 343 and suffered 535.
- Two of the best fair play records: Guardiola\u2019s side has seen 71 yellow cards and 4 red cards this term, while Mourinho\u2019s players have been booked 82 times and sent off 5 times.
- Madrid get most spot kicks: Barça have been awarded 7 penalties and have had 4 blown against them, while Madrid have had 11 penalties for and just one against, last weekend.
- Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo share the lead in the individual goalscoring stakes with an incredible 41 goals each. The Argentinian\u2019s goals have come from 174 attempts and the Portuguese international\u2019s from 220.
- Özil has made more goal assists than any other player in the league(14), followed by Messi (12), Di María (12), Cristiano Ronaldo (11) and Alves (9).
*Stats from www.ligabbva.com