Retail multinational Mango increased its turnover by 20% in 2012
The Catalan clothing company Mango had a €1.69 billion turnover last year, which is a 20% increase on 2011 data. 84% of the company’s revenue comes from outside Spain. During 2012, the Catalonia-based company opened 197 shops or retail corners worldwide, 180 of which were outside Spain. By the end of the year, Mango had 2,600 shops in 107 countries, with more than 12,000 employees all over the world. In 2013, the Catalan company will enter four new markets: Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Mongolia and Zimbabwe. In addition, it has planned to invest €265 million in opening new selling points, reforming shops and improving its logistics and information systems.
Barcelona (ACN).- The Catalan clothing company Mango posted a \u20AC1.69 billion turnover for last year, according to a press release on Wednesday. The 2012 turnover is a 20% increase on 2011 data. 84% of the company\u2019s revenue comes from outside Spain. During 2012, the Catalonia-based company opened 197 shops and retail corners worldwide, 180 of which were outside Spain. The company emphasised that during last year it consolidated its presence in the main European markets, Russia, CIS countries, the Middle East and Asia. By the end of the year, Mango had 2,600 shops in 107 countries, with more than 12,000 employees all over the world. In addition, it opened shops for the first time in Myanmar and Pakistan. In 2013, the Catalan company announced it will enter four new markets: Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Mongolia and Zimbabwe. It will thus be present in 111 markets, being the mostly internationalised Spanish retail company, as Mango emphasised. In addition, the company has planned to invest \u20AC265 million in opening new selling points, reforming shops and improving its logistics and information systems.
The Catalan company Mango, based in Palau Solità i Plegamans, a town in Greater Barcelona, announced that MANGO MNG Holding, S.L.U. and its dependent companies had a turnover of \u20AC1,691 million last year. The figure corresponded to the direct sales from its own shops without the VAT and to the wholesalers to franchises. 84% of Mango\u2019s turnover came from outside Spain, which means the remaining 16% had its origin in the domestic market.
Mango is continuing with its expansion plan in Europe, which is still the group\u2019s main market. It will start up the new \u2018megastore\u2019 concept, based on shops with a surface ranging between 800 and 3,000 square metres. The new stores will integrate all the group\u2019s lines (MANGO, H.E. by MANGO, MANGO Touch, MANGO Kids and GO Sport&Intimates). Furthermore, Mango announced that in 2014 it will open two new product lines: one for larger sizes and another one for teenagers.
In 2013, the multinational company, based in Greater Barcelona, is planning to open new shops in Spain, Germany, Belgium, France, The Netherlands, Italy, Poland and Russia. In addition, Mango emphasised in its note that it will open its largest shop in Europe in Munich, occupying 2,300 square metres. In addition, it will also open its largest shop internationally in Ankara, with more than 3,000 square metres. Mango\u2019s main owner and President, Isaak Andic was born in Turkey and moved to Catalonia in his youth, where he opened his first shop. From there he founded his retail empire.
In addition, the Catalan company is also focusing on its expansion plan in South America, mostly concentrating on Chile and Peru. In 2013, the company will open more MANGO, H.E. by MANGO y MANGO Touch shops in both countries and will reach 32 selling points in Chile and 24 in Peru. In addition, Mango will open more shops in two markets with good prospective: South Africa and Australia. In fact, within the next four years, the Catalan company plans to open 40 more shops in each of the two countries.
In the Middle East and South-East Asia, MANGO is planning to open 20 more retail facilities in countries such as Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Kuwait, Qatar and Thailand. In addition, it will also grow the number of its shops in the former Soviet countries such as Azerbaijan, Kazajstan and Turkmenistan, with 10 more selling points.
Online sales increased by 93% in 2012 compared to the 2011 figures, according to the company\u2019s press release. They represented a turnover of \u20AC70 million last year. MANGO is available on the Internet in 46 markets, mainly in Europe, Asia and North America. In 2013, it is planning to enable online sales in the Middle East and in some Asian markets. This year\u2019s objective is to redouble the Internet sales, either through its own website www.mango.com or by opening online concessions in existing retail sales portals.