NOTE! This site uses cookies

By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more detalis, see Read more

Accept

What are you looking for?


Housing sales increased by 34% last July in Catalonia

The data compares to July of 2009 and confirms an 8-month trend of continuous increases. For the rest of Spain, there has been an increase of 16.4%. This data confirms construction market’s recovery.

SHARE

13 September 2010 11:56 PM

by

ACN

Madrid (ACN).- Last July 5,826 housing facilities were sold in Catalonia, which represents a 33.53% increase compared to July of 2009. The data has been released by the Spanish Statistics Institute. With this result, Catalonia has had 8 consecutive months of positive results in the housing market. In the whole of Spain, 43,838 housing units were sold, which is a 16.4% more in relation to the same month last year. This data confirms the recovery of the housing sector, a strategic sector in the Catalan and Spanish economies. However, although this sector is important for Catalonia, its diversity of industries and industrialisation makes it  depend less on the housing sector as the rest of Spain.


In Catalonia, out of the 5,826 housing sales undergone, 3,350 were second hand, which represents 57.50%. The rest (42.5%) corresponded to the new construction market. A similar percentage was registered in July of 2009, when second hand sales represented 55.79%.

Regarding territories, the Barcelona province had 3,834 successful sales, with 65.8% of all operations taking place in Catalonia. In Girona, there were 857, which is 20.37% more than July of 2009. In particular, there were greater sales in new housing, reaching 54% of the total transactions. In Lleida, there were 353 sales, which is only 6.97% more in relation to the same month of the previous year. In Lleida, newly constructed housing is also in the majority with 50.7% of total sales. Lastly, in the Tarragona Province, 782 housing facilities were sold, representing an increase of 36.71% compared with July of 2009.

SHARE

  • A flat being sold in Catalonia

  • A flat being sold in Catalonia