NOTE! This site uses cookies

By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more detalis, see Read more

Accept

What are you looking for?

Utility company Endesa and authorities to pay off €38.7 M in debt

Over 35,000 households will benefit from measure

SHARE

29 March 2021 03:41 PM

by

ACN|Barcelona

The Catalan government, local authorities, and utility company Endesa will be paying off €38.7 million euros in debt accrued over the past six years in a move that is set to benefit 35,518 impoverished households.

Endesa has agreed to cover €17.5 million euros in unpaid bills between 2015 and 2018 as well as half of the €21.3 million for 2019 and 2020.

The Catalan government, on the other hand, will pay off 75% of the remaining €10.6 million, while local authorities will settle the remaining 25% as part of the measure stemming from the 2015 energy poverty law.

SHARE

  • A heater and a blanket symbolizing energy poverty (Courtesy of Red Cross)

  • A heater and a blanket symbolizing energy poverty (Courtesy of Red Cross)

RELATED