NOTE! This site uses cookies

By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more detalis, see Read more


What are you looking for?


Catalan president Artur Mas (by ACN)

28 August 2013 06:29 PM

Rajoy to answer Mas’s referendum letter after summer

Spanish President, Mariano Rajoy, told the Catalan President, Artur Mas, that he should expect a reply to his request to hold a referendum, after the summer recess. According to the Presidency Minister and Spokesman of the Catalan Government,...
Francesc Homs, the Government's Spokesperson, explained the decision (by P. Francesch)

28 August 2013 12:05 AM

The Catalan Government passes the Foreign Affairs bill as a step towards “an ambitious future”

The Catalan Presidency Minister and Government Spokesman, Francesc Homs, said in a press conference on Tuesday that the draft of the bill develops the powers granted by the 2006 Statue of Autonomy, while complying with Spanish law and...
The President of the European Parliament, Martin Schulz (by Reuters)

26 August 2013 05:22 PM

Report on the consequences of independence blocked in the European Parliament

Scottish MEP David Martin tried to prepare a report on “the consequences of secession of the territory of a member state for its membership of the European Union”, but the European Parliament president, Martin Schulz, and the leader of the...
A rehearsal for the 'Catalan Way' in the city of Vic (by M. Belmez)

23 August 2013 09:32 PM

Pro-independence supporters prepare a 400 km-long human chain on Catalonia’s National Day

This coming 11th of September – which is Catalonia’s National Day – pro-independence supporters have organised a gigantic human chain called the ‘Catalan Way Towards Independence’ that will cross...

Joan Canadell, Secretary General of the Cercle Català de Negosic (CCN) (by P. Mateu)

20 August 2013 09:32 PM

Business associations criticise Madrid’s report for a lack of accuracy while stating that 1,060 companies left Catalonia

Catalonia’s main SME association PIMEC and the Catalan Business Circle (CCN) have criticised the regional Government of Madrid for issuing a report not sufficiently backed-up by economic data. In addition, they have accused Madrid’s...

The Finance Minister of Madrid's regional Government presenting the report (by Comunidad de Madrid / ACN)

19 August 2013 10:13 PM

1,060 companies moved from Catalonia to Madrid for tax reasons since 2010, according to Madrid’s Government

In the last three years, 1,060 companies have moved their headquarters from Catalonia to the region of Madrid, according to a report published by Madrid’s regional Government. The report states that most of them took the decision because...

A demonstration of public sector employees in front of the Catalan Government's palace in Barcelona (by ACN)

13 August 2013 09:19 PM

Catalonia has 41 civil servants per 1,000 inhabitants while the Spanish average is 57

The number of public employees in Catalonia has been reduced by 4.76% over the last year, while in the whole of Spain the reduction was of 3.97%, due to the budget cuts in the public sector. However, the number of civil servants in Catalonia...

A shop selling Spanish Government's Christmas Lottery (by ACN)

08 August 2013 09:28 PM

The Catalan Government to launch a Christmas lottery to increase public revenue

Since 1986, the Catalan Government has its own lottery system, which brought a profit of €40 million last year. The Catalan lottery administration dedicates 60% of the revenue to prizes and the remaining 40% to finance public policies. In...

The President of the Catalan Government, Artur Mas, announcing the budget extension for the whole of 2013 (by R. Garrido)

06 August 2013 09:27 PM

The Catalan Government extends the 2012 budget for the whole of 2013 due to the low deficit target

The President of the Catalan Government, Artur Mas, officially announced on Tuesday that last year’s budget will be extended for the whole of 2013, since the 1.58% deficit target imposed by the Spanish Executive is too low and arrives too...

<<  424 425 426 427 428 [429430 431 432 433  >>