NOTE! This site uses cookies

By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more detalis, see Read more

Accept

What are you looking for?

Family members of Catalan ‘wolf pack’ victim: ‘She’s terrified of them’

Judge accepts DNA evidence in trial set to end on September 16

SHARE

12 July 2019 08:01 PM

by

ACN|Barcelona

Nine people testified in Barcelona’s Regional Court on Friday, among them the mother and aunt of the teenager who was allegedly raped by six men in 2016 in the central Catalan city of Manresa when she was fourteen.

The women told the court, which has agreed to accept DNA evidence recovered from the girl’s jeans and will hear from experts on the matter on September 16, that she still feels threatened and is “terrified of them.”

The 17-year-old’s aunt spoke of how she arrived home the day after the party wearing blood-stained jeans and not remembering the details of what had happened the night before.

She said that her niece decided to take the morning after pill after receiving a text message from one of the accused who berated her for “sleeping with 10 people,” and then hours later a friend told her what she had witnessed at the party.

The teenager’s ex-boyfriend also spoke in court on Friday, confessing that he had initially lied to the police about the events in question since one of the accused had, according to him, threatened to kill him.

The events for which the defendants are on trial date back to October 2016, when six men are said to have force themselves on the minor against her wishes. As was initially the case in the Pamplona ‘wolf pack’ trial, the public prosecutor has asked that the men be charged with sexual abuse rather than rape, while the private prosecutor is seeking rape charges for them.

Last week the teenager told the Barcelona Regional Court that the defendants threatened her with a gun and intimidated into having sex with them.

SHARE

  • One of the defendants in the Manresa gang rape case leaves court on July 12, 2019 (Gemma Aleman/ACN)

  • One of the defendants in the Manresa gang rape case leaves court on July 12, 2019 (Gemma Aleman/ACN)

RELATED