NOTE! This site uses cookies

By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more detalis, see Read more

Accept

What are you looking for?

CatalunyaCaixa earns €1 billion by commercialising 6,700 houses in 7 months

The Catalan savings bank, which the Bank of Spain intervened in last September, is selling part of its real estate stock. During the first seven months of 2012, the bank has commercialised 6,700 housing units, 40% more than last year’s same period. Around 90% were sold and the rest were rented. 56% were newly built houses and 44% were second hand properties. Regarding the location, 54% were in Catalonia, 12% in Valencia, 12% in Andalusia and 8% in Madrid.

SHARE

09 August 2012 11:14 PM

by

ACN

Barcelona (ACN).- The Catalan savings bank, CatalunyaCaixa, is increasing the selling of its real estate stock. Between January and July, CatalunyaCaixa earned \u20AC1 billion by commercialising 6,700 housing units from its stock, 40% more houses than the same period last year, according to a press release from the financial institution this Thursday. In the first 7 months of the year, CatalunyaCaixa, which the Bank of Spain intervened in last September, sold 6,000 houses and let out 698 houses, which represent around 90% and 10% of the commercialised stock respectively. Furthermore, in the last 24 months the Catalan bank has already sold 20,000 housing units from its stock, with a team of 200 real state commercial agents.


54% of the 6,700 housing units commercialised between January and July 2012 were sold in Catalonia; 12% were in the Valencian Community (also known as the Valencia Country); 12% in Andalusia; 8% in the region of Madrid; 3% in the Region of Murcia; and, 3% in the Basque Country. Around 56% of the houses commercialised were newly built while the remaining 44% were second hand properties.

SHARE

  • CatalunyaCaixa's headquarters in Barcelona (by O. Campuzano)

  • CatalunyaCaixa's headquarters in Barcelona (by O. Campuzano)