NOTE! This site uses cookies

By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more detalis, see Read more

Accept

What are you looking for?

Abertis’ profit increases by 4.2% in 2010

The Catalan transport infrastructure service company received a net profit of 561 million euros during the first 9 months of 2010. This figure is a 4.2% higher than the same period in 2009.

SHARE

11 November 2010 10:11 PM

by

ACN / Toni Jaimez

Barcelona (ACN).- The Catalan group Abertis increased its profit by 4.2% during the first 9 months of 2010 in comparison to the same period of 2009. Abertis is a transport infrastructure service company that has business in Catalonia, the rest of Spain, the US, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, etc. One of the factors contributing to this profit increase has been highway business outside of Spain. This part of Abertis\u2019 business has grown by 1.8% in France and by 5% in the rest of the countries. A second factor is the business increase of the Abertis firm Telecom (by 7%). Two other elements contributing to the good results are the positive evolution of the parking service firm Saba (5%) and the airport business (3%).


The exploitation revenue during the first 9 months of 2010 represented 3,097 million euros, which is 5% higher than in the same period of 2009. The net result was 561 million euros, or 4.2% more. Regarding Abertis debt, 94% of it is long term (92% in September 2009) and 86% at a fixed interest rate.

50% of its revenue and 47% of its results before taxes are generated by Abertis\u2019 business outside of Spain. 75% of the business comes from highway exploitation. The other 25% is split into telecommunications infrastructures (14%), airports (7%), parking (4%) and logistics parks (1%). The revenues for each part of the group were: 2,322 million euros for highways (6% more than for the same period of 2009); for Abertis Telecom, 418 million euros (7% more), thanks to Digital Television in Spain; for Abertis Airports, 211 million euros (3% more); and, for the parking service company Saba, 114 million (5% more).

SHARE

  • Abertis headquarters in Barcelona (by ACN)

  • Abertis headquarters in Barcelona (by ACN)